In summer it is possible to surf at Messakti Beach because of periodic strong northerly winds that bring surfable waves of up to 1m in height.
The Ikaria Surf School on Messakti Beach offers surfing and stand up paddle board lessons as well as equipment rentals and yoga lessons on the beach. The school also sponsors various seminars and events throughout the season. Over the past few years Ikaria's north side has become popular with young surfers who typically visit in July and August.
Surf Lessons at Ikaria Surf School
- Ikaria Surf School’s surf lessons, are held by experienced instructors certificated by: SurfingGB and ISA. Our instructors are also trained as lifeguards, certificated by: SLSA, ISLA and Lifeguard Hellas.
- Advanced Training Techniques are also taught: We use video analysis for the extent technical improvement of our student’s skills.
- Capturing Your Life’s Moments: Our photographer is capturing every moment of the course for you to keep your great surfing memories!
- SUP is a sport that is fully depended on the weather conditions. We divide sup courses in flat and wave courses.
- Flat courses: Are held on non-windy days, and are ideal for beginners to get familiar with balance and movement on the board.
- Wave courses: Students that already attended and have developed skills in handling a flat-water sup can follow our wave courses. They are strictly held in small wave waters, and their timetables are adjusted in order to allow a happy co-existence with Messakti swimmers.
The Ikaria Surf School respects and opertates under the philosophy of sustainability and alternative tourism. We focus on empowering and training our guest students so that they may have a memorable, unique and rewarding experience. Fun, affordable and safe learning, is and always will be the highest priority for our certified surfing and SUP professors and collaborators.